viernes, 1 de febrero de 2013

Task 2

Complete the sentences using the words listed in the box below. Positive and negative forms can be used. Some gaps may have more than one answer.

                         might                       must                       should
1. Nancy said you didn't need to buy her anything for her birthday, but I really think you must at least get her some flowers or a nice bottle of wine.
2. Debbie said she was really busy this week, but I think she might how up at the party if she doesn't have to work overtime on Friday.
3. Nina said she would come over right after work, so she should be here by 6:00.
4. Oh my God, he's unconscious. Don't move him - he might have internal injuries. Somebody call an ambulance.
5. You must be kidding! That can't be true.
6. Dan: Where's the remote control? I want to change the channel. Fiona: I don't know. It should be under the couch. Or, perhaps I absent-mindedly took it into the kitchen. I'll check in there.
7. We should invite Sally and her husband to come to the picnic on Saturday. We haven't seen them in weeks, and they should really enjoy a nice day at the beach.
8. Tim: While I was a student, I spent a year and a half studying Pygmy culture in the Central African Republic. My research focused on unique aspects of their social structure and religion. Samoan: That must have been absolutely fascinating!
9. We had better call Tony to see if he's at home before we go over to his house. He must be there and we don't want to drive all the way over there for nothing.
10. I would love to go on the cruise to Tahiti with Robin and Michelle. But such a luxurious trip might cost a fortune. I doubt I could afford something like that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario